- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, with Ph.D. Minor in Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, 2004.
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, 2000.
- B.S.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Princeton University, 1998.
- Senior Faculty Research Excellence Award, UNM School of Engineering, 2020.
- Gardner Zemke Professorship (Research Category), Electrical and Computer Engineering, UNM, 2020-2022
- UNM Regents’ Lecturer, 2015-2018.
- Junior Faculty Research Excellence Award, UNM School of Engineering, 2015.
- UNM Teaching Fellow, Center for Teaching Excellence, University of New Mexico, 2014
- NSF CAREER Award, 2013
- AFRL Summer Faculty Fellowship, Air Force Office of Scientific Research, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Distinguished Teacher Award, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of New Mexico, 2013
- Early Career Scholar, Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies, University of British Columbia, 2008
- Truman Fellowship in National Security Science and Engineering, Sandia National Laboratories, 2005
- National Academies Science and Technology Policy Graduate Fellow, Board on Mathematical Sciences, 2004
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, 1998
- George Bienkowski Memorial Award, Princeton University, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, 1998
- ECE 514, Nonlinear and Adaptive Control
- ECE 649, Introduction to Cyberphysical Systems
- ECE 345 / ME 380, Introduction to Control Systems
- EECE 568, Linear Systems (UBC)
- EECE 360, Systems and Control (UBC)
- EECE 359, Signals and Systems (UBC)
- EECE 571M, Nonlinear Systems and Control (UBC)
- EECE 571M, Introduction to Hybrid Systems (UBC)
I am originally from Albuquerque, New Mexico, where I attended Albuquerque Academy. As an undergraduate, I was a member of the Princeton Ski Team. I completed my PhD under the supervision of Professor Claire Tomlin. After a non-research postdoc at the National Ecological Observational Network (NEON), I resumed research as a postdoc at Sandia National Laboratories then held a faculty position at the University of British Columbia. I particularly enjoy spending time outdoors, skiing, hiking, and kayaking.